- Collecting personal information
- Using personal information collected
- Logs and files
- Passing to the third party
- Option/ Opt out
For inquiries regarding how we treat privacy information, please contact
■ Definition of personal data
- Personal data refers to (i) the data that can specify an individual directly such as name, address, telephone number, email address, sex, and birthday; (ii) the data that belongs to an individual such as credit card number, history of use, charges made, preferences, interests; and (iii) the copies of official paper. We treat personal data obtained from our web site with equal level of confidentiality to our own confidential information regarding our business matters. Additionally, information obtained from offline and even if the data would not specify individuals, they will be treated just the same if they can specify individuals when combined.
1. Collecting personal information
2. Using personal information collected
- All the personal data collected from the survey done upon users registration and upon signing up for our support, shall only be used to provide our service. Please note that the data will also be used for us to provide users information, such as one regarding a new service. Also, information provided when you receive our support will be disposed of when they are reasonably regarded as unnecessary in the accordance to our normal business operation. Also, the personal data can be modified or changed via changing the registered data. If you have any inquiries regarding how we treat privacy, please contact.
The purposes for personal data to be used are specified as blow and we will not be using them for any other purpose.
- to provide customer support and other follow-up services
- to provide information regarding special offers, new products and such
- to send prizes for those who won a contest and such
- to check the record of order and shipment when GhM STORE is used
- to settle service fees and collect unpaid fees
- to handle disputes and lawsuits
4. Logs and files
- Our company analyses trends, and access logs in order to manage the site, detect users’ behavior and to improve usability. The access log mentioned here is not linked to the information that can specify individuals.
- This web site includes links to other web sites. We, Grasshopper Manufacture Inc., do not take responsibility over how other sites handle privacy information. This privacy statement is applied only to the information collected on the web site our company manages.
7. Passing to the third party
- Our company does not disclose personal data to any third party, except to the third parties delegated to handle part or all of our business to provide the service or answers requested by the owner of the information or to provide any of our services on behalf of us. Nonetheless, when requested by an authorized party by law or ordinance and such, including court, police, tax office and consumer affairs bureau, the information may be disclosed without the permission of the individual. Also, when we delegate work to a third party, we disclose information limited to the ones necessary to fulfill their tasks and we strictly review their practice of how to treat personal information and have them sign our non-disclosure agreement regarding personal data to obligate them to treat the information as strictly as we do in our company.
- In case the user disclose his/her own personal information on internet (through using the chat service via mail, chat, bulletin board, game or inappropriate tools), there is a possibility that the information is collected by other users. We will not be responsible for any damages the user may receive from this. Please manage the security of sending out information as it is your responsibility.
9. Option/ Opt out
- Opt out means an opportunity to limit the use of information provided to us by users afterwards. Currently, the purpose of usage for the users information collected are specified under “2. Using personal information collected” and limited to the ones necessary for the users to use our service, so the opting out part of the usage, specified, is not allowed. If the user does not wish to provide personal information, it’s possible to choose not to provide it. However, please note that if the information is absolutely needed to provide the service, we may not be able to provide the service. If there is a possibility that the users information are to be used beyond the scope, specified on our policy, the users will be notified in a manner that is easily understood, and then, they will be given a chance to opt out individually. If the new purpose cannot be agreed, then the user can choose to deny it.
Also, the personal information provided to us will be maintained so the users can check and modify or change through our web site anytime.
- This privacy statement is separate from agreement for each service, and it is not to obtain the approval of the users, but to disclose our ways in which we handle personal data. We may improve or modify our privacy statement upon any change of law or our business activities or users request and such. In such cases, the change will be notified in a manner easily understood and the change will take effect after a certain grace period.
If you have any questions regarding our treatment of personal information, please contact
Enacted from August 1, 2013